Wig and Hair Industry
Wholesale - Wig, Hair Pieces
and Hair Websites hard to find, hard to use - Getting the basics in
Wig, Hair Pieces and Hair suppliers such as manufactures, distributors and
wholesalers have been quite hard to find and, in some cases, even impossible to
find even on the internet. One of the main reasons is that the
industry sells to licensed retailers at wholesale pricing and they want to avoid
being contacted by consumers who want to buy directly from them - which
reputable wholesalers do not do. In addition when you do find the supplier - at
times, they don't have a website.
Until the introduction of the
WIG & HAIR GOODS
INDUSTRY DIRECTORY of Manufacturers, Distributors & Wholesalers many
retailers searching for suppliers have in the past spent weeks or even months
trying to locate suppliers. When they finally find them, and find a website, it is
sometimes almost impossible to extract the information they need from the
website to determine if they want to do business with the supplier.
Now of course it's a breeze with the directory which
contains over 150 manufactures of over 500 brands in an easy to find everything
format. The directory has tons of additional information about the suppliers AND
everything one needs to determine if they want to do business with a particular
supplier and get catalogs and wholesale price lists. The problem is now solved. There is a small fee for the directory
which keeps consumers from getting their hands on the information but allows wig
and hair industry retailers easy access.
Ok, that problem has been solved. However, As a retailer
looking for suppliers I still wonder why most supplier websites lack the basic
information that is now contained in the directory. 95% just don't have it on
their own websites.
What hair goods retailers need to see on your websites
- Photo's of your products and good descriptions.
- A page that tells what products you carry, if its wigs what brands
are they Ethnic, Kosher, Lace, products are they Men's Toupees, Hair Replacement,
Costume wigs or other. hair pieces,
- What type of cap are available: hand-tied
top, monofilament, polyurethane, Adjustable Velcro Tabs , Stretch
- Do you sell Hair, Hair Accessories, Hair
Extensions, What type of hair - Synthetic, Human hair,
Remy, Indian, European?
- Do you sell supplies or offer training. etc.
Most suppliers do fairly well with all of the above but
some do a very poor job even with the product line leaving the retailer confused
or wondering - what do they really sell.
Where many suppliers really seem to do a poor job in
general is giving the potential customer enough information to make a decision
about them as a company thus leaving the customer confused about the companies
credentials. Are they a solid company or are they fly by night. Can I trust them
in other words. A retailer that has never done business with the company just
doesn't know if the company is solid.
- Every wholesale website should have an about us page.
Which gives solid information about the company and their background. This
- how long you have been in business,
- Where you sell your products - Internationally or just a specific region.
This same page or another page should have information
- Purchasing wholesale.
- Who you sell to - If they client base is only
beauty supply stores then why have wig stores west their time and your time
- Do you sell retail? Most don't and telling the consumer that keeps them from
wasting your time.
- What your licensing requirements are to purchase. Most
all wholesalers in the US require a business license and some require more.
- What the minimum purchase requirements are. Does the customer only need to by
one product or a minimum of $50 of do they need to buy 50 products or spend
$2000 dollars to start with.
- If you give additional discounts above regular wholesale
under certain circumstance. - Quantity discounts available.
- Is their a minimum monthly/annual etc. purchase required to be able to
continue buying wholesale?
- Do you drop ship? - How much does that cost?
- How does a customer pay for your products? Cash, Credit card etc.
Your contact us page should have
- The company name and address including zip code.
- Your phone numbers and fax numbers including toll free #s
- Your Business hours
- Who the customer should contact - even if you say contact sales
- All your website addresses and email addresses the prospective and current
customer may need. .
- Link to where a customer can download or order catalogs and log in to their
account if applicable.
- Other important information customers may want is
- You return or exchange policies.
If you expect customers to do business with your you
need to give them enough information to make an intelligent decision when
visiting your website. Even though it is all available now in the
it should still be on every website for customer convenience and for the
customers that found you without using the directory.